FROM TYROLEAN CAKES & TYROLEAN FRAMES
creative ideas | finest natural ingredients | traditional craftsmanship | a result in perfection
This recipe for success does not only go with the delicious cakes of Marian Moschen, the „baker by passion“, but also with ROLF Spectacles. A successful Tyrolean combination of senses, so to speak.
TYROLEAN BUNDT CAKE
21g fresh yeast (1/2 cube) | 100 ml milk | 1 tsp sugar | 150g butter
100g icing sugar | 4 yolks size L | 300g flour | 2 tb rum | 100 ml milk | 1 pkg Bourbon | vanilla sugar | grated rind of 1 lemon
4 egg white size L | 50g sugar | 1 pinch salt
moreover 2 tb butter and 100g almond flakes for the cake tin and sugar for powdering
1. Mix 100ml of the room temperatured milk with the yeast and the sugar and leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. In the meanwhile whip the butter and the sugar to a cream.
3. Seperate the egg white from the yolk and mix the yolk to the butter cream.
4. Mix flour, rum, milk, lemon peel and vanilla to the milk-yeast mixture to a sleek dough.
5. Now mix the beaten egg white with the rest of sugar to whipped egg whites and mix it by hand to the other dough.
6. Preheat the oven to 180°C upper heat/lower heat. Meanwhile melt 2 tb butter and grease the ckae tin with it. Then line the inside of the tin with the almond flakes.
7. Fill the yeast dough to the tin and leave it to rise. Then bake it 40 minutes.
8. Finally take it out of the oven, let it cool down for 10 minutes and turn it upside down.